I meet a bad issue yesterday:
- We have a devpi server running with some local packages uploaded, but
with normal fall back to the pypi index.
- Referring packages not found on the devpi server is correctly fetched
- As part of building a local wheel using 'pip wheel' and pushing it to
devpi, I also pushed all the depending wheels generated to devpi.
- Now, when I try 'pip install maven' I properly get the version stored
on my devpi server (e.g. version 3.4)
- HOWEVER, if I do 'pip install maven==3.5', devpi reports no such
version and fails as it only knows of version 3.4 - it does NOT fall back
to search the pypi index...
Is this by design? Shouldn't devpi also fall back to searching the pypi
index in this case (package is found, but no matching version)?