The new devpi releases (devpi-server-2.0.2, devpi-web-2.0.1, devpi-client-2.0.1) contain several fixes for the private github-style pypi caching server, see the changelog below for details. Find all the documentation at
with tutorials and quickstart documents for particular scenarios.
Note that no export/import procedure is needed if you are already running a 2.X devpi-server. If upgrading from a 1.2 devpi-server install, you need to upgrade using these instructions:
many thanks to Florian Schulze who again helped a lot with this release.
devpi-2.0.1 (metapackage) ---------------------------------
- fix issue120: link to "upgrade" section from main index page.
- preserve http reason string for setup.py submit through replica proxying
- proper error message when "devpi push X" uses an X that comes from a base index or is not existent
- fix issue121: depend on py-1.4.23 to fix python3.4 compatibility for a venusian/py34/py interaction import oddity.
- fix issue126: handle deletion of pypi project cache entries correctly (i.e. ones that are triggered by "refresh" on simple page).
- Add special handling of ":ANONYMOUS:" user in acl_upload to allow anonymous submit.
- fix nginx template so that when used in a replica setting the master always answers HEAD requests without nginx short-cirtcuiting it.
- increase internal cache size to improve performance when many indexes and projects are served.
- fix issue118: rendering of description with unicode.
- fix a test to expect a 403 instead of a 401 from devpi server from unauthorized access
- fix error message on API version client/server mismatch
- fix issue124: package name url matching for the "devpi test" command