Here's the lists of tasks we are going to work on. They are simple.
- PyPI : write a patch to enforce (or display a warning) the source distribution to be uploaded. so if a binary distribution or a zipped egg is uploaded we are sure we provide the source as well.
- Documentation: write a glossary for the distutils/setuptools/Pypi terminology on python.org wiki
- PyPI mirroring: write a PEP to implement a mirroring protocol, where mirrors can register at PyPI. Then when a package is uploaded, mirrors will be ping through RPC so they know they can eventually get synced.
- setuptools: finish the patch for the multiple index support, with a CPAN-like mechanism on the client side, with a socket timeout managment -
- distutils: code cleaning: better test coverage, remove logging, etc.