I am happy to announce the release of Distribute 0.6.1.
- zip_ok is now True by default.
- package_index.urlopen now catches BadStatusLine and malformed url
errors. * Fixed invalid URL error catching.
- Fixed invalid bootstraping with easy_install installation. Thanks to
Florian Shchulze for the help
- Removed buildout/bootstrap.py. A new repository at bitbucket.org
will create a specific bootstrap.py script.
- The bootstrap process leave setuptools alone if detected in the
system and --root, --user or --prefix is provided, but is not in the
The next release of the 0.6 series will try to adress all remaining
bugs in the tracker,
The first 0.7 release is still under heavy work.
Is there some summary of advantages of distribute compared to setuptools?