Please upgrade and report any problems promptly; I plan to release this version as 0.6 final if there are no bug reports over the next week or so.
Bug fixes since 0.6c1 include:
* The ``ez_setup`` module displays the conflicting version of setuptools (and its installation location) when a script requests a version that's not available.
* Running ``setup.py develop`` on a setuptools-using project will now install setuptools if needed, instead of only downloading the egg.
* Fix a problem with eggs specified directly on ``PYTHONPATH`` on case-insensitive filesystems possibly not showing up in the default working set, due to differing normalizations of ``sys.path`` entries.
* Windows script wrappers now support quoted arguments and arguments containing spaces. (Patch contributed by Jim Fulton.)
* The ``ez_setup.py`` script now actually works when you put a setuptools ``.egg`` alongside it for bootstrapping an offline machine.
* A writable installation directory on ``sys.path`` is no longer required to download and extract a source distribution using ``--editable``.
* Generated scripts now use ``-x`` on the ``#!`` line when ``sys.executable`` contains non-ASCII characters, to prevent deprecation warnings about an unspecified encoding when the script is run.