Robert Kern wrote:
Stanley A. Klein wrote:
Robert Kern wrote: Stanley A. Klein wrote:
I tried to do something to fix the numpy distutils bdist_rpm.py (by trying to follow what was done in install.py) but it didn't work and I got an error message I didn't understand.
I'd like to help, but if you don't copy the exact error message here, I
OK, here is my revised numpy/distutils/commands/bdist_rpm.py (trying -- obviously not well -- to follow what was done in numpy/distutils/commands/install.py:
import os import sys
if 'setuptools' in sys.modules: import setuptools.command.bdist_rpm as old_bdist_rpm class bdist_rpm(old_bdist_rpm): pass
else: from distutils.command.bdist_rpm import bdist_rpm as old_bdist_rpm
Note the difference between these two lines. You imported a module, not the class inside it. Try this instead:
if 'setuptools' in sys.modules: from setuptools.command.bdist_rpm import bdist_rpm as old_bdist_rpm else: from distutils.command.bdist_rpm import bdist_rpm as old_bdist_rpm
I tried it and it ran.
I'm still having problems getting things to work, but as you can see from my previous email I've closed in on the issues, that now appear to involve the packaging of documentation, tests, and examples, and the handling of the namespace package __init__.py.
Right now, I think my problems involve svn, relating to my moving the tests and examples to a different directory but somehow (probably because setuptools looks at svn information) having files I moved out of the enthought.kiva directory still in the build and creating problems, or files not in the current version expected for the build and found missing.
I didn't follow proper svn procedure in moving files out, and I think that is coming back to bite me, although what I did seemed to work with another component. My best bet at this point is to re-checkout the enthought.branches directory and do it right from an svn viewpoint.