Bandersnatch is the static PyPI mirroring software following PEP381. It allows you to
have a local full static copy of PyPI (no dynamic APIs).
We've finally cut 3.0 (with a .1 to change URL to GitHub on PyPI) which has fixed a few
bugs and moved to asyncio thread with requests. My original plan was to depreciate XMLRPC
and move to full asyncio code base, on top of aiohttp, but we didn't settle on a new API
on PyPI to replace XMLRPC.
Please upgrade and test and let me know of any bugs and we'll roll out fixes.
Noted Changes from latest 2.2.1:
- Move to asyncio executors around request calls Fixes #81 (on BitBucket)
- Use platform.uname() to support Windows Fixes #19 (Windows still has a few more bugs
until full support)
- Add bandersnatch verify subcommand to re-download + delete unneeded packages Fixes #8
+ many follow on Issues during testing - Thanks - electricworry & tau3 for testing +
- Introduce much more Lint checks (black, isort, mypy) other than flake8 - Thanks
- Make tox run lint checks + print out test coverage
- Add whitelist + blacklist plugins - Thanks @dwighthubbard
- Add generated documentation - Thanks @dwighthubbard
- Move to requiring Python >= 3.6.1 Fixes #66
Cheers all who reported bugs and PRs - Keep them coming!