I've just released version 0.2.5 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers, distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended to be usable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
* Changed regular expressions to be compatible with 3.6 as regards escape sequences.
* Closed some resource leaks related to XML-RPC proxies.
* Changed wheel processing to look for metadata in metadata.json as well as pydist.json.
* Updated requirement and marker parsing to be compatible with PEP 508. * Made downloadability a factor in scoring URLs for preferences.
* Removed Python 2.6 from the support list.
A more detailed change log is available at .
Please try it out, and if you find any problems or have any suggestions for improvements, please give some feedback using the issue tracker! 
 https://pypi.python.org/pypi/distlib/0.2.5  https://goo.gl/M3kQzR  https://bitbucket.org/pypa/distlib/issues/new