This is a major new feature and bugfix release of setuptools, including:
* Overhauled conflict management: no more -D/--ignore-conflicts-at-my-risk junk, it Just Works(TM).
* Namespace package support that's compatible with system packagers
* Lots of new setup() features including dependency_links (thanks to Tres Seaver), test_loader, and enhanced test_suite finder
* Upload supports --identity (thanks to Stefan Behnel)
* Improved error messages for unwritable cache directory, and added a special exception for wrapping such errors
* Revision control plugin support
* And a ton of minor bugfixes and creature comforts/"fit-and-finish" issues, ranging from version-specific "easy_install-2.x" executables to relative paths in .pth files.
Please see the docs for details.
Barring any new bugs, this should be the last 0.6 alpha release before we go beta. The 0.6 beta branch will then become a candidate for inclusion in Python 2.5 alpha 2, sometime in the next few weeks. So please report any issues as soon as practical.
Thank you to everyone who reported problems, asked questions, and supplied patches.