We are pleased to announce the release of Kwant 1.4, the result of a
year and a half of development.
Highlights of the new release:
* Adding magnetic field to systems, even in complicated cases, is now
* The KPM module can now calculate conductivities.
* The `Qsymm library <https://gitlab.kwant-project.org/qt/qsymm>`_ for
Hamiltonian symmetry analysis has been integrated.
* The handling of system parameters has been improved and optimized.
* Plotting has been improved, most notably through the addition of a
routine that plots densities with interpolation.
* Installing Kwant on Windows is now much easier thanks to Conda
All these and other improvements that are detailed in the "what's new in
Kwant 1.4" document . The new version is practically 100%
backwards-compatible with scripts written for previous versions of Kwant
The following people contributed code to this release:
* Anton Akhmerov
* Paul Clisson
* Christoph Groth
* Thomas Kloss
* Bas Nijholt
* Pablo Pérez Piskunow
* Tómas Örn Rosdahl
* Rafał Skolasiński
* Dániel Varjas
* Joseph Weston
We would like to hear your feedback at kwant-discuss(a)kwant-project.org.