We are pleased to announce the release of Kwant 1.4, the result of a year and a half of development.
Highlights of the new release:
* Adding magnetic field to systems, even in complicated cases, is now specially supported.
* The KPM module can now calculate conductivities.
* The `Qsymm library https://gitlab.kwant-project.org/qt/qsymm`_ for Hamiltonian symmetry analysis has been integrated.
* The handling of system parameters has been improved and optimized.
* Plotting has been improved, most notably through the addition of a routine that plots densities with interpolation.
* Installing Kwant on Windows is now much easier thanks to Conda packages.
All these and other improvements that are detailed in the "what's new in Kwant 1.4" document . The new version is practically 100% backwards-compatible with scripts written for previous versions of Kwant 1.x.
The following people contributed code to this release:
* Anton Akhmerov * Paul Clisson * Christoph Groth * Thomas Kloss * Bas Nijholt * Pablo Pérez Piskunow * Tómas Örn Rosdahl * Rafał Skolasiński * Dániel Varjas * Joseph Weston
We would like to hear your feedback at email@example.com.