- what package management system (fink/macports) do you use?
- are you using the stock Python or one that is installed separately?
Python2.5.1 from MacPorts
- what library versions are you using of libxml2, libxslt, zlib, libiconv?
% port installed |egrep 'libxml2|xslt|zlib|iconv' libiconv @1.12_0+darwin_8 (active) libxml2 @2.6.31_0 (active) libxslt @1.1.22_0 (active) py25-zlib @2.5.1_0 (active) zlib @1.2.3_1 (active)
- which library versions are preinstalled on your platform? (I do not know how to find that out, can anyone provide instructions here?)
- what library versions does lxml.etree find? (see below)
from lxml import etree print "lxml.etree: ", etree.LXML_VERSION lxml.etree: (2, 0, 0, 0) print "libxml used: ", etree.LIBXML_VERSION libxml used: (2, 6, 31) print "libxml compiled: ", etree.LIBXML_COMPILED_VERSION libxml compiled: (2, 6, 31) print "libxslt used: ", etree.LIBXSLT_VERSION libxslt used: (1, 1, 22) print "libxslt compiled: ", etree.LIBXSLT_COMPILED_VERSION libxslt compiled: (1, 1, 22)
- does it crash when running the normal tests?
Ran 1101 tests in 12.232s
FAILED (errors=14) make: *** [test_inplace] Error 1