I've just uploaded the Mailman 2.0 beta 2 tarball to the following
See the UPGRADING file for details on upgrading from 1.1 or 2.0beta1.
See the NEWS file for a complete description of changes for every
version; below is an excerpt for changes since 2.0beta1.
Barring any showstopping bugs, this will be the last release until I
finish my taxes. :)
-------------------- snip snip --------------------
- Rewritten gate_news cron script which should be more efficient and
avoid race and locking problems. Each list now maintains its own
watermark, and when you use the admin CGI script to turn on gating
from Usenet->mail, an automatic mass catch up is done to avoid
flooding the mailing list. cron/gate_news's command line interface
has also changed. See its docstring for details.
- A new cron script called qrunner has been added to retry message
deliveries that fail because of temporary smtpd problems.
- New command line script called bin/list_lists which does exactly
that: lists all the mailing lists on the system (much like the
listinfo CGI does).
- bin/withlist is now directly executable, however if you want to use
python -i, you must still explicitly invoke it. bin/withlist also
now cleans up after itself by unlocking any locked lists. It does
NOT save any dirty lists though - you must do this explicitly.
- $prefix permissions (and all subdirs) must now be 02775.
bin/check_perms has been updated to fix all the subdir permissions.
- "make update" (a.k.a. bin/update) is run automatically when you do a
- The CGI driver script now puts information about the Python
environment into the logs/error file (but not the diagnostic web
- Bug fixes and some performance improvements