I've released Mailman 2.1 beta 2; see below for a list of changes
since version 2.1 beta 1. There have been lots of bug fixes, Korean
language support aded, and a couple of new features (a bit of a thaw
in the feature freeze ;).
Remember that discussions about version 2.1 are preferred on
mailman-developers. I plan on moving mailman-developers over to the
new version tomorrow, and if that works well, the other mailman-*
mailing lists at python.org too.
2.1 beta 2 (05-May-2002)
Lots of bug fixing, and the following new features and changes:
- A "de-mime" content filter feature has been added. This
oft-requested feature allows you to specify MIME types that
Mailman should strip off of any messages before they're posted
to the list. You can also optionally convert text/html to
text/plain (by default, through lynx if it's available).
- Changes to the way the RFC 2919 and 2369 headers (i.e. the
List-*: headers) are added:
o List-Id: is always added
o List-Post:, List-Help:, List-Subscribe:,
List-Unsubscribe:, and List-Archive: are only added to
o X-List-Administrivia: is only added to messages Mailman
creates and sends out of its own accord.
Also, if the site administrator allows it, list owners can
suppress the addition of all the List-*: headers. List owners
can also separately suppress the List-Post: header for
- A new framework for email commands has been added. This allows
you to easily add, delete, or change the email commands that
Mailman understands, on a per-site, per-list, or even per-user
- Users can now change their digest delivery type from MIME to
plain text globally, for all lists they are subscribed to.
- No language select pulldowns are shown if the list only supports
- More mylist-admin eradication.
- Several performance improvements in the bounce qrunner, one of
which is to make it run only once per minute instead of once per
- Korean language support as been added.
- Gatewaying from news -> mail uses its connections to the nntpd
- In bin/add_members, -n/--non-digest-members-file command line
switch is deprecated in favor of -r/--regular-members-file.
- bin/sync_members grew a -g/--goodbye-msg switch.