Public bug reported:
I ran into some trouble after deleting a user account via the rest API. Apparently the user's address records were kept, which lead to two problems:
- Memberships cannot be retrieved via rest any more. - The deleted user cannot be created again using any of their previous addresses.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a user through the REST API 2) Delete that user through the REST API
3) Repeat step 1) (possibly because a person wants to register again after leaving) => 500 status code is returned through the REST -- ExistingAddressError is raised.
4) Access /3.0/addresses => Result still contains the email address used in 1).
5) Access /3.0/members => 500 status code is returned
As a workaround, I tried to delete all the user's addresses through the API, but doing that returned 405 (Method not allowed).
Wouldn't it be best to delete all address/membership records from the db when a user record is deleted?
** Affects: mailman Importance: Undecided Assignee: Barry Warsaw (barry) Status: New
** Tags: mailman3 rest-api
** Changed in: mailman Status: New => In Progress
** Changed in: mailman Importance: Undecided => High
** Changed in: mailman Milestone: None => 3.0.0b3
** Changed in: mailman Status: In Progress => Fix Committed
** Changed in: mailman Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released