I'm one of the maintainers of the Debian package "mailman", of course
containing your great piece of software. The team has recently gotten
more active, and while mainly concentrating on the Debian-specific
parts, there's also a number of fixes we've made (or have been made in
the past) to the Mailman sources.
I'm trying to get the parts of our changes that are useful outside of
Debian, and have submitted a couple of them now to the Patches tracker.
There's also some feature patches we received in our BTS but haven't
applied to the package.
Here's a summary.
In our package now:
- Trivial change to fblast to add a shebang line
- Make Mailman not crash on strange HTTP request types like "PROPFIND":
- Russian newlist template has outdated variable (doesn't require
comprehending the Russian language):
- When searching for members, the selected letter is forgotten:
Not yet in our package, but may be in the future:
- Make it possible to only build the arch-dep and arch-indep parts in
the Makefile. This helps us to make an architecture-specific package
for only those files which are, and put everything else in a single
architecture independent package.
I believe the patches are useful to the whole Free Software community,
so I hope they can be applied.