I have been a bit unhappy about the regular expression approach for command validation and array processing for command parsing to get the arguments. So I have decided to switch to the conventional and right method to do it, using the Lex-YACC duo, using the PLY module.
I have already ported half of the command's processing to PLY and it works great. I will be completing the rest of commands by 25/07/2014, I expect to push r67 by 26/07/2014.
I have set a soft deadline for the tasks mentioned in my proposal as 06/08/2014, Google deadline being 11/08/2014.
Remaining tasks include,
All tasks except
1 are easy. So my primary focus for the next week(s)
would be the backup and restore tool.
Post the above mentioned soft deadline, I would be writing the unittests for the new units. I had postponed the unit test writing as it consumed lot my time.