Hi Mark! First of all: Thanks very much for your support and help!! and my apologies by the mistakes in the files. We used a HTML editor, and I didn't review the files.
I reviewed all templates, and I fixed it. Can you do a quick review and upload these templates, please? You can download the review templates from here: http://bit.ly/8iTBKb
Thanks very much! :D
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Mark Sapiro firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Mark Sapiro wrote:
The encoding of the mailman.po is declared as iso-8859-1 and this appears to be correct. It also appears that at least some of the templates are iso-8859-1, but having looked at just a few, it seems that at least adminsubscribeack.txt is utf-8 encoded. It doesn't matter what the encoding is, although utf-8 is preferred, but everything must be the same encoding.
Upon further examination it seems that adminsubscribeack.txt is the only utf-8 encoded template. I re-encoded it as iso-8859-1 so now everything appears to be iso-8859-1.
Also just looking at the first two html templates, I see things like "%%28detailsurl%29s" and "%%28summaryurl%29s". These need to be "%(detailsurl)s" and "%(summaryurl)s". The html escaping of the () characters will break the substitution of those variables.
It turns out only (, ), < and > were html escaped and only in href= strings. This is understandable, but in this case these characters are part of the syntax of substitutions so they should not be escaped and the substituted strings will be OK. I fixed these and I also used a script of mine to convert the non-ascii characters in html templates to html entities.
Also, apparently, in an attempt to make valid XHTML, you have added numerous end tags. E.g. where the English subscribe.html template has
Since the tags </mm-mailman-footer> and </mm-results> are not known to Mailman, this will cause the HTML generated from the template to contain the results followed by the footer followed by the two extraneous end tags. Thus, while your templates look valid, the actual HTML generated from them is not.
I have also run transcheck and fixed several errors: here are the remaining ones:
HTML checking templates/ast/admlogin.html... I fixed an error in this template, but my fix needs to be translated HTML checking templates/ast/archidxhead.html... - Too much %(listname)s TXT checking templates/ast/invite.txt... - Too few %(listname)s HTML checking templates/ast/listinfo.html... - Too few <mm-digest-question-start> - Too few <mm-list-name> - Too few <mm-digest-question-end> HTML checking templates/ast/options.html... - Too few <mm-presentable-user> - Too few <mm-list-name> TXT checking templates/ast/postack.txt... I fixed an error in this template, but my fix needs to be translated TXT checking templates/ast/probe.txt... - %(password)s was not found HTML checking templates/ast/subscribe.html... - Too few <mm-list-name> PO checking messages/ast/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po... - near line 1045 ['Mailman/Cgi/admin.py:1219']: Too few %(adminurl)s - near line 1575 ['Mailman/Cgi/confirm.py:362']: Too few %(listname)s - near line 7841 ['Mailman/MailList.py:1010']: %(realname)s was not found - near line 11187 ['bin/update:688']: Too few %(listname)s
I have attached po.diff.txt showing the changes I made to mailman.po.
The changes I made to the templates include removing the extraneous </mm-*> tags, changing non-ascii characters to html entities in html templates and fixing the erroneously escaped '(', ')', '<' and '>' characters. This leaves the transcheck errors above.
The translation has been installed to the 2.1 branch on launchpad although it still needs a few tweaks.
-- Mark Sapiro email@example.com The highway is for gamblers, San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan