"Mikael Sjöblom" wrote:
Hi! Thank you very much for your help but I am sorry I don´t get it. What I am trying to do is to rewrite verify.txt (in the templates-folder). This file is sent as a mail by mailman when someone has been to the subscribe-me-to-this-list-webpage. When I recieve this mail it does not contain the swedish characters I have written...
Should I just write out the codes you sent me in the mailbody? I tried that whithout result.
No, text inside mail body are untranslated. Character codes I sent in my previous messages were intented for HTML code.
Is there a setting somewhere I have not found? I use: DEFAULT_CHARSET = 'ISO-8859-1' in mm_cfg.py
Uhm, In Defaults.py there is an explanation about this. " # Pipermail assumes that messages bodies contain US-ASCII text. # Change this option to define a different character set to be used as # the default character set for the archive. The term "character set" # is used in MIME to refer to a method of converting a sequence of # octets into a sequence of characters. If you change the default # charset, you might need to add it to VERBATIM_ENCODING below. DEFAULT_CHARSET = None "
DEFAULT_CHARSET is intended only to pipermail messages. You should take a glance to DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE option at the end of Defaults.py There is also an explanation about what to do for supporting new languages.
In one file I send to this list named i18n.README.en, is also described how to deal with catalogues and new languages. All of this can be looked at the archives.
One more thing, I have understood you have modified general *.txt located in $prefix/templates but in order to take effect you must copy them into particular list templates.
Juan Carlos Rey Anaya