Hi Developers and i18ners,
Mailman 2.1.7a1 was released for alpha test and i18n translations. Here is excerpts from NEWS file. I thank Mark Sapiro for significant contributions in bug-fixes and document/message brushups.
Please fetch it from SF download sites or from http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.1.7a1.tgz
Tokio --------------------------------------------------- Here is a history of user visible changes to Mailman.
- The fix for CAN-2005-0202 has been enhanced to issue an appropriate message instead of just quietly dropping ./ and ../ from URLs.
- A note on CVE-2005-3573: Although the RFC2231 bug example in the CVE has been solved in mailman-2.1.6, there may be more cases where ToDigest.send_digests() can block regular delivery. We put the send_digests() calling part in try - except clause and leave a message in the error log if something happened in send_digests(). Daily call of cron/senddigests will notify more detail to the site administrator.
- List administrators can no longer change the user's option/subscription globally. Site admin can change these only if mm_cfg.ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES is set to Yes.
- Script tag is disallowd in edithtml script.
- Since probe message for the disabled users may reach unexpected persons, the password was excluded from sendProbe() and probe.txt. Note that the default value of VERP_PROBE has been set to `No' from 2.1.6., thus this change doesn't change the default behavior.
- Always remove DomainKey (and similar) headers (1287546) from messages sent to the list.
- List owners can customize content filter behavior as not to collapse multipart/alternative to its first content. This allows HTML part to pass through after other content filtering is done.
- New language: Interlingua.
Bug fixes and other patches
- Fix MTA/Postfix.py to check aliases group permission in check_perms and fix mailman-install document on this matter (1378270).
- Fix private.py to go to the original URL after authorization (1080943).
- Fix bounce log score messages to be more consistent.
- Fix bin/remove_members to accept no arguments when both --fromall and --file= options are specified.
- Change cgi-bin and mail wrapper "group not found" error message to be more descriptive of the actual problem.
- Apply the list's ban_list to address changes and admin mass subscribe and invite and to confirmations/approvals of address changes, subscriptions and invitations.
- Decode quoted-printable and base64 encoded parts before passing to HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND (1367783).
- Remove Approve: header from post - treat as Approved: (1355707).
- Stop removing line following Approve(d): line in body of post (1318883).
- Log post in post log with true sender, not listname-bounces (1287921).
- Correctly initialize and remember the list's default_member_moderation attribute in the web list creation page (1263213).
- Add PEP263 charset in config_list output (1343100).
- header_filter_rules get lost if accessed directly and needed authenti- cation by login page (1230865).
- Obscure email when the poster doesn't set full name in 'From:' header.
- Take preambles and epilogues into account when calculating message sizes for holding purposes (Mark Sapiro).
- Logging/Logger.py unicode transform option (1235567).
- bin/update crashes with bogus files (949117).
- Bugs and patches: 1212066/1301983 (Date header in create/remove notice)