wallace winfrey wrote:
It looks like a bunch of messages in the meantime have popped up in the mailman/data directory; presumably some of them are posts from subscribers that didn't make it out to the list ? Any idea on how to fix this?
They are held messages, so mail is getting that far which is good.
(I'm still wondering why I didn't shoot myself in the foot the last time I did this).
Removing (rm) a data/heldmsg... file doesn't cause a problem per se, but when there are 33,000 of them it creates a huge amount of work for the admindb script as it goes through the requests.pck, finds a held message, reports it in the HTML it's creating, etc. and then ultimately tries to do something with the message only to find it's not there.
The basic problem is not that you rm'd the data/heldmsg files; it's that there were 33,000 requests, and you didn't delete them.
-- Mark Sapiro email@example.com The highway is for gamblers, San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan