On 08/03/2016 11:10 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Aug 02, 2016, at 04:03 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
I was going to say an archive link is in the headers if people look, but it doesn't seem to be there. I'll investigate.
Interesting. Yep, there should definitely be an archive link in the headers.
This is another side effect of the template changes. Domain objects no longer have a base_url attribute. See https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/271.
Also, something strange happened. At 14:11 today this stuff (without the 'Huh_' prefix) was created in var/templates/lists/. The contents are:
$display_name mailing list $listname %(web_page_url)slistinfo%(cgiext)s/%(_internal_name)s
which looks like the 'old' template. I looked through all the logs and could find nothing relevant with a 14:11 timestamp. Any ideas? Maybe a test, but I didn't run any tests.
The only thing I can think of is the importer. Did you run
to pull the MM2 version of the list into MM3? Does the timestamp align with
I think that must be it. I ran the importer. The timing is right (I don't know exactly when I ran it, but 14:11 is close). Unfortunately, it didn't get too far (see https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/270) and I did the import by hand.
The importer does try to convert any custom templates (e.g. footers), but it should not touch any default templates. Given that the artifact is an mixed-style template (it has both %()s and $foo placeholders), I have to think something in the importer is either buggy or doesn't clean up after itself.
Probably something buggy or related to the crash. I do have a backup of the 2.1 config.pck, but nothing else other than the archive. I did look at the lists/overload-sig/ directory before removing it, and I'm sure there weren't any 'language' subdirectories with custom templates.
-- Mark Sapiro firstname.lastname@example.org The highway is for gamblers, San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan