We have finished the first release candidate of NumPy 1.9.2.
The 1.9.2 release will as usual be a bugfix only release to the 1.9.x
The tarballs and win32 binaries are available on sourceforge:
If no regressions show up the final release is planned next week.
The upgrade is recommended for all users of the 1.9.x series.
Following issues have been fixed:
* gh-5316: fix too large dtype alignment of strings and complex types
* gh-5424: fix ma.median when used on ndarrays
* gh-5481: Fix astype for structured array fields of different byte order
* gh-5155: Fix loadtxt with comments=None and a string None data
* gh-4476: Masked array view fails if structured dtype has datetime
* gh-5388: Make RandomState.set_state and RandomState.get_state threadsafe
* gh-5390: make seed, randint and shuffle threadsafe
* gh-5374: Fixed incorrect assert_array_almost_equal_nulp documentation
* gh-5393: Add support for ATLAS > 3.9.33.
* gh-5313: PyArray_AsCArray caused segfault for 3d arrays
* gh-5492: handle out of memory in rfftf
* gh-4181: fix a few bugs in the random.pareto docstring
* gh-5359: minor changes to linspace docstring
* gh-4723: fix a compile issues on AIX
Source tarballs, windows installers and release notes can be found at
The NumPy Developer team