Scott Ransom writes:
I've had the following done for awhile and hadn't thought to release it for general use. It is the standard Cephesmodule 1.3 that Travis Oliphant has had available for some time at http://pylab.sourceforge.net with the addition of docstrings for all the functions. I modified the original documentation a bit and simply converted it to docstrings.
This message brought me a strange sense of deja vu. A year ago I did the same thing - I submitted a patch which allowed ufuncs to have docstrings, for exactly this reason - the function names in Cephes being a bit cryptic. I also wrote a silly little script to generate the Cephes docstrings from the HTML doc.