On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Julian Taylor email@example.com wrote:
On 05.08.2014 22:32, Christoph Gohlke wrote:
On 8/5/2014 12:45 PM, Julian Taylor wrote:
I am pleased to announce the first release candidate for numpy 1.8.2, a pure bugfix release for the 1.8.x series. https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.8.2rc1/
If no regressions show up the final release is planned this weekend. The upgrade is recommended for all users of the 1.8.x series.
Following issues have been fixed:
- gh-4836: partition produces wrong results for multiple selections in
- gh-4656: Make fftpack._raw_fft threadsafe
- gh-4628: incorrect argument order to _copyto in in np.nanmax, np.nanmin
- gh-4613: Fix lack of NULL check in array_richcompare
- gh-4642: Hold GIL for converting dtypes types with fields
- gh-4733: fix np.linalg.svd(b, compute_uv=False)
- gh-4853: avoid unaligned simd load on reductions on i386
- gh-4774: avoid unaligned access for strided byteswap
- gh-650: Prevent division by zero when creating arrays from some buffers
- gh-4602: ifort has issues with optimization flag O2, use O1
Source tarballs, windows installers and release notes can be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.8.2rc1/
Cheers, Julian Taylor
thank you. Looks good. All builds and tests pass on Windows (using msvc/MKL).
Any chance gh-4722 can make it into the release? Fix seg fault converting empty string to object https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/4722
thanks, I missed that one, pretty simple, I'll add it to the final release.
OSX wheels built and tested and uploaded OK :
Will test against the scipy stack later on today.