On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:46 AM, David Huard firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I think we should stick to what has been agreed and announced months ago. It's called honouring our commitments and the project's image depends on it.
If the inconvenience of these API changes is worth the trouble, a 1.1.2 release could be considered.
+1 I would also like to stick with the original plans and make the changes in 1.2.0. I also think that given the fact that 1.1.1 will include a large number of bugfixes from the trunk the concerns about making the API change aren't as pronounced. I also agree that if it becomes an issue that releasing 1.1.2 might be a reasonable response.
If anyone still thinks that we should wait until 1.3 to make the changes, now is the time to speak up. Otherwise, let's plan to make the changes on the trunk by the end of the week.