We are excited to announce the launch of the EuroPython 2018 website:
* https://ep2018.europython.eu/ *
The EuroPython conference will take place in Edinburgh, UK, this year,
from July 23 - 29.
EuroPython 2018 - The European Python Conference
Here’s an overview of what you can expect in Edinburgh:
* We will start with the Workshops and the Trainings on Monday and
Tuesday, July 23-24.
* The main 3 conference day follow, packed with keynotes, talks,
helpdesks, panels and open space sessions.
* A complete PyData EuroPython 2018 will be included as well.
* The two weekend days after the conference, July 28 and 29, are
reserved for sprints.
Overall, we will again have 7 days worth of great Python content,
arranged in over 120 sessions, waiting for you.
* Monday, Tuesday, July 23-24: Workshops and Trainings and
* Wednesday - Friday, July 25-27: Main Conference with talks, keynotes,
exhibit, panels, posters, helpdesks and open sessions.
* Saturday, Sunday, July 28-29: Sprints.
Meet our launch sponsors
All this would not be possible without the generous help of our launch
* numberly / 1000mercis
In the coming days, we will provide you with more information and
announce the start of the Call for Proposals and Early Bird Ticket
sales. Please watch our EuroPython blog for updates.
EuroPython 2018 Team
PS: Please forward or retweet to help us reach all interested parties:
The PSF just launched an exciting fundraising drive with a goal of raising
$20,000.00 USD by May 12th. The drive began April 16, 2018, and concludes
at PyCon on May 12th.
Your donations help the Python community worldwide by supporting sprints,
meetups, community events and projects, the Python Ambassador Program,
fiscal sponsorships, and of course, software development and open source
projects. All of these initiatives help improve the Python community and
Python tools that you use daily. The work cannot be done without the
generous financial support that individuals and organizations provide us.
It is easy to donate - simply click on the amount you would like to give,
and enter your email address. Confirm your contribution and you will be
able to pay with your PayPal account or a credit or debit card.
Contributions are tax deductible for individuals and organizations in the
To thank you for your financial support, we will enter you in a drawing to
win the following prizes:
- Ticket to PyCon 2019 (1 winner)
- Photos with Guido van Rossum at PyCon 2018 (must be present to win)
- Lunch with Guido van Rossum at PyCon 2018 (8 winners, must be present
- Custom designed Guido T-Shirt (5 winners)
- “I Donated” stickers
- Custom designed “Guido” stickers
More details on contributing can be found on the 2018 Q2 Fundraising Drive
page <https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2018-q2-drive/>. No donation is
necessary to enter the drawing.
We at the PSF want to thank you for all that you do. Your support is what
makes the PSF possible and is greatly appreciated by the Python community.
Also, if you would like to share the news about the PSF’s Fundraising
drive, feel free to use one of the tweets below:
*Are you feeling lucky? Help us reach our goal of $20K by contributing to
our fundraiser by May 12! As a thank-you, we'll enter you into our drawing
to win awesome prizes! https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2018-q2-drive/
*Contribute to our fundraiser & help us reach our goal of $20K. The PSF is
a non-profit organization entirely supported by its sponsors, members, and
the public. https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2018-q2-drive/
Thank you again for your support and for sharing information about our
"I came for the language; I stayed for the community."
As Pythonistas, we value the Python community and how it shapes the Python
language. One part of the PSF's mission is "...to support and facilitate
the growth of a diverse and international community of Python programmers."
Recently, the PSF formed a workgroup to help the board and staff improve
the community code of conduct policies and guidelines. This work group will
help maintain the PSF mission of keeping PSF spaces welcoming and inclusive.
This work group will take a critical eye to PSF code of conduct policies,
including creating guidelines, suggestions for CoC reporting, and
enforcement procedures in PSF spaces.
For some PSF-affiliated spaces, the workgroup willhandle reports and their
resolution. The workgroup will also assist the individuals managing
PSF-affiliated spaces in responding to CoC reports in these spaces.
We need your help with this workgroup and its process. We hope to grow the
work group's membership to include community members who can *volunteer
time to work on the PSF code of conduct policies*.
If you are interested in participating in the PSF code of conduct workgroup
and serving the Python community, please fill out this application form:
If you have any questions about the workgroup or its time commitment,
please contact the PSF code of conduct workgroup mailing list:
Thank you! 💗
Dear PSF members,
We will host a PSF Members Lunch at PyCon, happening in Cleveland, OH. If
you are a new or long-time PSF member, it would be great to meet you in
- *Day/time*: Saturday May 12, 2018, 12:40pm local time
- *Location*: Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland, Room 25A
- Pre Set Entree: Southern chicken salad with fresh berries, spiced
pepitas and raspberry balsamic, grilled chicken with white balsamic
- Vegetarian/Vegan/Avoiding Gluten option: Southern salad with
grilled tempeh with fresh berries, spiced pepitas and raspberry balsamic
with white balsamic vinaigrette
- Pre Set Dessert: Flourless chocolate cake and Kahlua-Chocolate
mousse. Chocolate ganache drizzle and dutch cocoa
- Special dietary meals will be provided for those that request one
in the RSVP below.
- *RSVP by May 1, 2018**: **https://goo.gl/forms/hARUxxP89uBFt4Fl2
<https://goo.gl/forms/hARUxxP89uBFt4Fl2>. *Please note that you have to
be registered for the conference.
- PSF update via slide presentation
- get to know some of the 2018/19 PSF Board candidates
- mingling with members
If you have any questions, please email me directly.
Director of Operations
Python Software Foundation