The following members of the Board of Directors (11 of 13) were present at the meeting: Lorena Mesa, Naomi Ceder, Thomas Wouters, Katie McLaughlin, Marlene Mhangami, Eric Holscher, Anna Ossowski, Jeff Triplett, Van Lindberg, Christopher Neugebauer, and Ewa Jodlowska.
Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer), Betsy Waliszewski (Event Planner and Administrator), Phyllis Dobbs (Controller/Assistant Treasurer Accountant), Jackie Augustine (Event Manager), and Ernest W. Durbin III (Director of Infrastructure) were also in attendance.
*September 2017 Board Meeting Votes*
Consent Agenda Resolutions:
The PSF approved:
- August 2018 meeting minutes. Approved 10-0-1
- The PSF Board approved a yearly budget of $15,000 USD to support meet up fee reimbursements. Approved 11-0-1
Votes via email:
Approved via a director's allowance 150€ to the Python Pizza annual event, taking place September 15, 2018 in Naples, Italy.
Approved via director's allowance, $150 USD to the Atelier de Traduction de la Documentation de Python event, taking place on September 13, 2018 in Carrières-sur-Seine, France.
The PSF Board approved a $1,500 budget to the Code of Conduct Work Group, which will be used for consultation services from Sage Sharp
*Work Group Votes*
The Sponsors Work Group approved the following sponsors: Open Education and Development Group (Iron Level), VPNgids.nl (Iron Level), Union Investment (Silver Level), SignalFX (Bronze Level).
The following grants were also approved from our last meeting by the PSF Grants Work Group, totaling $19,471.12 USD :
* $500 USD to the Python Cameroon Training Program currently happening in Bamenda, Cameroon
* $1,474.52 USD to the PyDay event happening in Tenerife, Canary Islands , Spain November 17, 2018
* $660 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Kigali, Rwanda September 15, 2018
* $4000 USD to the PyCon PL conference happening in Rawa Mazowiecka, Poland August 23, 2018
* $2000 USD to the first PyLadies Conference happening in São Paulo, Brazil October 16, 2018
* $556.60 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Malate, Ilorin Kwara State, Nigeria September 21, 2018
* $500 USD to the PyLadies event that happened in Rawa Mazowiecka, Poland August 22-24, 2018
* $1000 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Abuja, Nigeria October 26, 2018
* $2500 USD to the PyCon Indonesia conference happening in Jakarta, Indonesia November 3, 2018
* $500 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Sherpur, Bangladesh December 16, 2018
* $580 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Kaduna, Nigeria October 20, 2018
* $750 USD to the Latin American School of Tools for Political Analysis event happening in Monterrey, Mexico July 30, 2019
* $1000 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Yokohama, Japan October 6, 2018
* $450 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Douala, Cameroon October 20, 2018
* $2500 USD to Cleopatra Douglas and a second speaker (TBD) to travel to a PyCon in Africa in October 2018
* $500 USD to the Houston, TX meet up (PyHOU) for the purchase of audio visual equipment
The following grants were denied:
* $1667 USD to the "Python Workshop for Beginners" event happening in Vadodara, India September 25-27, 2018
* $672 USD to the Django Girls event happening in Taraba, Nigeria November 24, 2018
MeetUp fees were granted to PyLadies Hamburg Germany, Python user group in northern Colorado, Portland Python User Group, Houston PyLadies, Champaign Urbana Python User Group, and PyLadies Chicago Chicago.