Trey and I took some time to speak with most of the people who applied for the Open Spaces Co-Chair roles and we have discussed all the candidates. Before we make a final decision, we wanted to get your input. We are currently torn between three people:
* Haley Bear - New volunteer, very motivated and driven, committed to attending PyCon US in 2019, 2020, 2021
* Elizabeth Wickes - Already volunteering for the Education Summit, great leadership skills and drive, committed to attending PyCon in 2019, 2020, 2021
* Katia Lira - Volunteered for PyCon Charlas and as a session runner last year, could potentially help us encourage people to facilitate Open Spaces in Spanish, committed volunteer, already involved in DEFNA, PyCon Mexico, etc.
I am pretty confident about Haley as she seems to have great potential and I would like to give someone new a chance. I am torn between Elizabeth and Katia and would love your input. Please let me know your thoughts as soon as possible. I would love to inform people by the end of the week.
Trey and I also discussed some potential ideas for Open Spaces improvements, which we would like to propose. It is still a concern that people don’t know that the Open Spaces are happening. Also having to physically walk by the Open Spaces board in order to find out about which ones are going on at which time can be a hassle. We therefore came up with the following ideas:
* Could we create a website to which we will upload a picture of the Open Spaces boards every 1-2 hours so people have a better idea of the schedule without having to walk by the boards?
* Could we add this website link to the printed program?
* Could we show a slide with this website link in between the talks at each room to make people aware that the talks are not the only thing going on at this time?
Thank you! :) Anna
—— You are appreciated. You are enough. You matter. You are not alone.