* * Python Essential Reference, 4th Edition * *
by David Beazley
I'm pleased to announce the release of the Python Essential Reference,
4th edition, soon to be appearing at a bookstore near you. More than
a year in development, this edition covers Python 2.6, Python 3, and a
wide variety of new library modules. Notable new features include
- Greatly expanded coverage of advanced features such as generators,
coroutines, context managers, decorators, metaclasses, and more.
- Detailed coverage of concurrent programming including threads,
the multiprocessing library, and coroutines.
- A new chapter on testing, debugging, profiling, and performance
- Completely revised examples and code samples appearing throughout
- New coverage of the database API, WSGI, ctypes, and other essential
- Detailed information on Python 3 including compatibility notes,
migration strategies, notable new features, and use of the
If you liked previous editions of the Essential Reference, I think you
will be pleased--this may be the best edition yet.