I've recently released version 0.2.8 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers,distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended to beusable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
* Fixed #107: Updated documentation on testing to include information on setting PYTHONHASHSEED.
* Fixed #108: Updated metadata scan to look for the METADATA file as well as the JSON formats.
* Fixed #109: Removed existing files (which might have been symlinks) before overwriting.
* Fixed #111: Avoided unnecessary newlines in script preambles, which caused problems with detecting encoding declarations. Thanks to Wim Glenn for the report and patch.
* Fixed #112: Handled wheel tags and platform-dependent downloads correctly in SimpleScrapingLocator.
A more detailed change log is available at .
Please try it out, and if you find any problems or have any suggestions for improvements,please give some feedback using the issue tracker!