I'm pleased to announce the release of GMPY2 2.0.0. GMPY2 provides access to the GMP/MPIR, MPFR, and MPC arbitrary precision arithmetic libraries.
* Support for correctly rounded arbitrary precision real arithmetic, including trigonometric, logarithmic, exponential, and special functions.
* Support for correctly rounded arbitrary precision complex arithmetic, including trigonometric, logarithmic, and exponential functions.
* Support for contexts that control precision, rounding modes, exponent limits, and the behavior of exceptions.
* Support for various pseudoprime tests. (Based on code by David Cleaver.)
* Support for a mutable (!) integer type that supports the slice syntax to read/write individual bits. Read-only slicing is supported on the standard integer type.
Compatibility with GMPY -----------------------
GMPY2 is the successor to GMPY. The behavior of some functions in GMPY conflicted with the expected behavior of real/complex arithmetic. In GMPY, sqrt() returned an integer result. In GMPY2, sqrt() returns a real/complex value and isqrt() returns an integer. The development versions of mpmath and Sympy support GMPY2.
The home page is:
Case Van Horsen