Python Argentina is pleased to announce the 0.1.1 release of Lalita.
Lalita is yet another IRC bot, one where new functionality is simple to create by just adding easy-to-write plugins.
This is a pre-alpha release, our first release, but the delivered product is quite robust: we're using it in production since almost a year ago.
Lalita is written with some goals in mind:
- Twisted! (we don't like threads)
- Pluggable: easy to implement new functionalities
- Have fun: yes, it's Python
As is said before, it's really easy to add new functionality (just copy the example plugin and touch a couple of lines), but Lalita itself has a lot of plugins already included, among which stand out:
- freenode: Executes all the authentication dialog on the Freenode servers (this plugin does not offer functionality to the end user, but allows Lalita to connect to Freenode using a registered user).
- misc: Implements a very simple functionality: answers "pong" to the user after receiving a "ping".
- url: Collects all the URLs that are said in the different channels, allowing then to search through them.
- seen: Implements two commands: "last" and "seen". The former tells what is the last said by an user, and the later tells when an user was seen last time (sometimes they match, sometimes don't).
For further information, the project page is: