ANN: eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter 2.0.0
mxODBC Zope Database Adapter
for Zope and the Plone CMS
Available for Zope 2.12 and later on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms
This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading: http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-Zope-DA-2.0.0-GA.html
The eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter allows you to easily connect your Zope or Plone installation to just about any database backend on the market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially supported eGenix product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC standard as middle-tier architecture.
The mxODBC Zope Database Adapter is highly portable, just like Zope itself and provides a high performance interface to all your ODBC data sources, using a single well-supported interface on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms.
This makes it ideal for deployment in ZEO Clusters and Zope hosting environments where stability and high performance are a top priority, establishing an excellent basis and scalable solution for your Plone CMS.
We are pleased to announce a new version 2.0 of our mxODBC Zope DA product.
The new version was changes to conform with the new Zope 2.12 layout and installation system and includes many enhancements over our previous 1.0 version:
* Includes mxODBC 3.1 with updated support for many current ODBC drivers, giving you more portability and features for a wider range of database backends.
* Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.
* Python 2.5 and 2.6 support.
* Zero maintenance support to automatically reconnect the Zope connection after a network or database problem.
* More flexible Unicode support with options to work with pure Unicode, plain strings or mixed setups - even for databases that don't support Unicode
* Automatic and transparent text encoding and decoding
* More flexible date/time support including options to work with Python datetime objects, mxDateTime, strings or tuples
* New decimal support to have the Zope DA return decimal column values using Python's decimal objects.
* Fully eggified to simplify easy_install and buildout based installation
If you have already bought mxODBC Zope DA 1.0.x licenses, we offer you a time limited upgrade option:
* If you have purchased the licenses between 2009-06-01 and 2009-12-31 you can get a 20% discount on the full price of version 2.0.
* If you have purchased the licenses after 2010-01-01 you can get a 40% discount on the full price of version 2.0.
This offer is time limited until 2010-09-30.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to get the needed discount coupons.
________________________________________________________________________ MORE INFORMATION
For more information on the mxODBC Zope Database Adapter, licensing and download instructions, please visit our web-site:
You can buy mxODBC Zope DA licenses online from the eGenix.com shop at:
eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg