eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution
An easy-to-install and easy-to-use distribution of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL - available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms
This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading: http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.13.1.1.0....
The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to get started with SSL in Python.
It comes with an easy-to-use installer that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form, making your application independent of OS provided OpenSSL libraries:
pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on that allows writing SSL/TLS- aware network applications as well as certificate management tools:
OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL/TLS protocol:
This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution updates the included OpenSSL version to 1.0.1c.
New in OpenSSL 1.0.1e since our last release for OpenSSL 1.0.1c ---------------------------------------------------------------
OpenSSL 1.0.1e includes several important fixes:
* OpenSSL security advisory: http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20130204.txt - also known as "Lucky 13" http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/TLS-tripped-up-by-Lucky-13-179842...
* OpenSSL security advisory: http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20130205.txt
* corrected fix for CVE-2013-0169 in 1.0.1e: http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg70100.html
* fixes the SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number problem:
as well as several other new features compared to 1.0.0:
fixes vulnerabilities relative to 1.0.1c:
and includes a number of stability enhancements as well as extra protection against attacks:
New in the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution ----------------------------------------
* Changed the package version scheme to be PEP 386 compatible. The new scheme no longer contains underscores or patch level letters.
* Added a CA root certificate bundle file ca-bundle.crt, which is created from the current Mozilla root CA certificate list.
This allows verifying server certificates without having to rely on the system root CA certificate list. The bundle file will be updated with each new release of eGenix pyOpenSSL. We also make the file available as separate download. Please see the product page for details.
* Added pyOpenSSL examples/ directory to the source distribution.
* Added a new OpenSSL.ca_bundle module which provides easy to use access to the embedded ca-bundle.crt file.
* Added new example https_client.py to the examples/ directory, which demonstrates setting up an SSL connection and using the new OpenSSL.ca_bundle module.
* Windows x64 builds now have assembler code turned back on again, after a problem with OpenSSL 1.0.1c.
As always, we provide binaries that include both pyOpenSSL and the necessary OpenSSL libraries for all supported platforms: Windows x86 and x64, Linux x86 and x64, Mac OS X PPC, x86 and x64.
We've also added egg-file distribution versions of our eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the available download options. These make setups using e.g. zc.buildout and other egg-file based installers a lot easier.
The download archives and instructions for installing the package can be found at:
Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise, you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.
Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com. Please see
for details about our support offerings.
________________________________________________________________________ MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution, licensing and download instructions, please visit our web-site or write to email@example.com.