I'm happy to announce pytest 2.8.6 has been released.
pytest is a widely used mature test runner both for unit and functional tests in Python. See http://pytest.org for documentation and examples.
Here are the fixes for this release:
- fix #1259: allow for double nodeids in junitxml, this was a regression failing plugins combinations like pytest-pep8 + pytest-flakes
- Workaround for exception that occurs in pyreadline when using ``--pdb`` with standard I/O capture enabled. Thanks Erik M. Bray for the PR.
- fix #900: Better error message in case the target of a ``monkeypatch`` call raises an ``ImportError``.
- fix #1292: monkeypatch calls (setattr, setenv, etc.) are now O(1). Thanks David R. MacIver for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.
- fix #1223: captured stdout and stderr are now properly displayed before entering pdb when ``--pdb`` is used instead of being thrown away. Thanks Cal Leeming for the PR.
- fix #1305: pytest warnings emitted during ``pytest_terminal_summary`` are now properly displayed. Thanks Ionel Maries Cristian for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.
- fix #628: fixed internal UnicodeDecodeError when doctests contain unicode. Thanks Jason R. Coombs for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.
- fix #1334: Add captured stdout to jUnit XML report on setup error. Thanks Georgy Dyuldin for the PR.
Thanks to all who contributed to this release, among them:
AMiT Kumar Bruno Oliveira Erik M. Bray Florian Bruhin Georgy Dyuldin Jeff Widman Kartik Singhal Loïc Estève Manu Phatak Peter Demin Rick van Hattem Ronny Pfannschmidt Ulrich Petri foxx
Thanks for using pytest, enjoy the new release!