Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the Zope.org site. It is published each Wednesday evening.
Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the chronicler exclusively.
* Amos Lattier has started a series at XML.com about XML and Zope. The first article is available.
* Beehive has translated additional Zope How-Tos into German. German speaking Zope users are welcome to contribute to the effort.
* The new Zope Front Door has been installed. Comments to email@example.com are encouraged.
* Lutz Ehrlich Lutz.Ehrlich@EMBL-Heidelberg.de has launched the German Python/Zope network.
"It is meant to be a lightweight and efficient means to form a network of freelancers able to provide Python/Zope services in the German speaking part of the world."
* A mailing list has been set up to support the Zope Mozilla Initiative. It's address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
* "4am" posted a bash script to automate generating distribution archives of Python Products.
* The Z SQL Methods User's Guide has been updated.
* "4am" has updated SiteAccess to work with Zope 2.1.
* "limi" posted the 100th How-To, which is about using multiple-selection and selection properties.
http://www.zope.org/Members/limi/multipleselection-howto * "dparker" submitted a tip for editing Zope resources with the editor of your choice under KDE, and suggests that the same technique may work for other environments.
* "sfs" has contributed a helpful document on forcing clients to use HTTPS when using the management interface.
* chas email@example.com started a discussion titled "Linux/Redhat advice : RPMs vs Src for Zope development ?" "chas" is new to Linux, coming from a FreeBSD background, and he in curious about the relative merits of installing from the sources versus installing with an RPM.
* Christopher Petrilli firstname.lastname@example.org posted to zope-dev to let everyone know that Even Simpson's Python Methods have been rolled in to Zope, and are now committed to the CVS. Some discussion of Python Methods followed.
* Dave Parker email@example.com complained that his namespace kept disappearing when he called a DTML Method from a DTML Method. Jim Fulton and others wrote in explaining what was happening, why it happened, and how to pass values to a DTML Method without losing your namespace. A lot of very useful information, sure to cause many a forehead-slap. Jim also mentions that you may not have to jump through this particular hoop too much longer.
* Andrew Hall firstname.lastname@example.org has his FastCGI/Zope setup troubleshot by the mailing list. An error in the documentation (doc/WEBSERVER.txt) is pointed out! (Corrected in the CVS.)
== Mike Pelletier.