Pydev 1.5.8 has been released
Release Highlights: -------------------------------
* Features only available on Aptana Studio 3 (Beta):
* Theming support provided by Aptana Studio used * Find bar provided by Aptana used (instead of the default find/replace dialog) * Aptana App Explorer provides Pydev nodes
* Eclipse 3.6 is now supported * Pydev Jars are now signed
* DoesNotExist and MultipleObjectsReturned recognized in Django * Added option to make the name of Django models,views,tests editors work as regular editors while still changing the icon
* Ctrl+Shift+B properly working to toggle breakpoint * If file is not found in debugger, only warn once (and properly cache the return) * Run configuration menus: Only showing the ones that have an available interpreter configured
* Outline/Pydev Package Explorer:
* Fixed sorting issue in pydev package explorer when comparing elements from the python model with elements from the eclipse resource model * Fixed issue when the 'go into' was used in the pydev package explorer (refresh was not automatic) * Added decoration to class attributes * Added node identifying if __name__ == '__main__'
* Properly working with editor names when the path would be the same for different editors * Fixed issue where aptanavfs appeared in the title for aptana remote files * Fixed halting condition * Not always applying completion of dot in interactive console on context-insensitive completions * Home key properly handled in compare editor * Interactive console working with pickle * String substitution configuration in interpreter properly works * On import completions, full module names are not shown anymore, only the next submodule alternative
What is PyDev? ---------------------------
PyDev is a plugin that enables users to use Eclipse for Python, Jython and IronPython development -- making Eclipse a first class Python IDE -- It comes with many goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax analysis, refactor, debug and many others.