itools is a Python library, it groups a number of packages into a single meta-package for easier development and deployment:
itools.catalog itools.http itools.uri itools.cms itools.i18n itools.vfs itools.csv itools.ical itools.web itools.datatypes itools.rss itools.workflow itools.gettext itools.schemas itools.xhtml itools.handlers itools.stl itools.xliff itools.html itools.tmx itools.xml
The focus of this release is performance and bug hunting. First the speed:
- Indexing of office documents (PDF, OpenDocument, Word, etc.) has been massively improved in both speed and memory usage.
- The "get_handler" and "traverse2" methods (from itools.handlers) now accept the optional parameter "caching"; if set to False caching won't be active for this call, see #569 for the details.
- The catalog has been optimized to be about 12% faster with the index and unindex operations.
- The whole module "itools.i18n.oracle" (whose purpose is to guess the language of a text) has been rewritten for better performance and readibility.
And now for the bugs:
- A serious bug has been fixed in "itools.cms": under some conditions the catalog was not synchronized with the data. The issue was solved with an update of the catalog, but still very annoying.
- Some bugs in itools.xhtml and itools.html have been fixed related to the the semi-automatic translation of (X)HTML templates and documents. And the unit tests have been updated. See #279 for the details.
- Many bugs have been fixed in the itools.cms web interface: #294, #438, #512, #563, #576, #577, #578 and #579.
- Luis Belmar-Letelier helped fixing bugs; - Hervé Cauwelier worked on the performance and fixed some bugs; - Nicolas Deram helped fixing bugs; - J. David Ibáñez helped with the performance and fixed many bugs.
Mailing list http://mail.ikaaro.org/mailman/listinfo/itools
Bug Tracker http://bugs.ikaaro.org/