I'm pleased to announce release 0.65.0 of Task Coach. This release
adds the ability to record notes, improves the flexibility of the
different views, and fixes several bugs.
- Made subject column resizable.
- Enable export of data containing non-ASCII characters to CSV.
- Don't activate another viewer when another application is minimized
- Outlook 2003 email messages added as attachment couldn't be opened
from Task Coach.
- German translation had wrong menu accelerators.
- Apply undo/redo/cut/copy/paste actions to text if a text control is
visible and has focus (Mac OSX only)
- Added a copy of the ElementTree package to the Task Coach source
code, so the source code distribution of Task Coach works with Python
2.4, without needing to install ElementTree.
- Notes. Notes have a subject and an optional description. Notes can
be hierarchical, i.e. notes may contain subnotes. Notes can be sorted
and searched (filtered), printed, and exported. This feature can be
turned on or off via the preferences dialog.
- Categories can be searched (filtered) using the search control on the toolbar.
- Category sorting can be changed: ascending or descending, case
sensitive or case insensitive.
- Categories can have a description.
- Each viewer/tab has its own settings for sort order and visible
columns. Viewers can be renamed. This makes it possible to e.g. create
a 'Todo today'.
- The search control on the toolbar can (optionally) include subitems
in the search result. This makes it easy to show one task and its
subtasks in a task viewer or show effort for one task and its subtasks
in an effort viewer.
- Added a setting to start Task Coach iconized either always, never,
or only when Task Coach was iconized when last quitted.
- Added a setting to turn off spell checking (Mac OSX only).
- Added (incomplete) translations in Brazilian Portuguese, Czech,
Latvian and Polish. See http://www.taskcoach.org/i18n.html for more
information about translations and on how you can help.
What is Task Coach?
Task Coach is a simple task manager that allows for hierarchical
tasks, i.e. tasks in tasks. Task Coach is open source (GPL) and is
developed using Python and wxPython. You can download Task Coach from:
In addition to the source distribution, packaged distributions are
available for Windows XP, Mac OSX, and Linux (Debian and RPM format).
Note that Task Coach is alpha software, meaning that it is wise to back
up your task file regularly, and especially when upgrading to a new release.