itools is a Python library, it groups a number of packages into a single meta-package for easier development and deployment:
itools.catalog itools.i18n itools.tmx itools.cms itools.ical itools.uri itools.csv itools.odf itools.vfs itools.datatypes itools.pdf itools.web itools.gettext itools.rest itools.workflow itools.handlers itools.rss itools.xhtml itools.html itools.schemas itools.xliff itools.http itools.stl itools.xml
The main focus of this release has been quality:
- The whole documentation has been updated and reviewed. Now we have a +200 pages PDF, and the code behaves as it is documented.
- For the first time all unit tests are up-to-date. Check the README file to learn how to run them.
- We have made a little round through the coding style, all modules are lowercase now.
- The API has been flatten. This means that all functions, constants, classes and exceptions of a package are available at the package's root level (no need to go search a function in some module). Only exception is "itools.cms", which is too big to have a flat API.
But this release brings also some big new features.
The new top-level package "itools.rest" provides a partial implementation of ReStructured Text .
Another new top-level package, "itools.odf", provides support for the Open Document Format . Specifically the scripts igettext-extract and igettext-build are able to work with ODF files, so they can be used to assist a translator to translate a ODF document.
The index & search engine (package "itools.catalog") has been re-worked. With some new features (like the possibility to define custom fields), and a much friendlier programming interface. Check the documentation.
The implementation of the XML file handler has been radically changed. It does not use anymore an element-tree to represent the handler's state, but a list of events: start tag, end tag, text node, etc. (this change has been inspired by Genshi ).
Other packages have seen minor changes either to the programming interface or to the user interface. Most notably: itools.uri, itools.vfs, itools.handlers, itools.gettext, itools.csv, itools.ical and itools.cms.
Check the UPGRADE file for the details on how to update your code.
 http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument  http://genshi.edgewall.org/
- Hervé Cauwelier implemented itools.rest and worked on itools.cms; - Nicolas Deram refactored itools.ical and itools.cms.ical; - J. David Ibáñez did about everything else; - Henry Obein fixed a few bugs; - Sylvain Taverne implemented itools.odf, fixed many bugs, updated the French translation, and reviewed the documentation;
Mailing list http://mail.ikaaro.org/mailman/listinfo/itools
Bug Tracker http://bugs.ikaaro.org/
"J. David Ibáñez"