I'm pleased to announce the XYZCommander version 0.0.3!
XYZCommander is a pure console visual file manager.
* Tight integration with python run–time system — most of the settings can be changed "on the fly" using management console. * Powerful configuration system - define own actions, aliases, internal commands, key bindings. * Extensible plug-in system - even core functionality implemented mainly using plug–ins, keeping base system small and clean. * Events & hooks subsystem - a flexible way of reacting on certain system events. * Customizable look-n-feel - every widget component look can be changed using skins. * Unicode support
Change log for 0.0.3:
XYZCommander changelog -------------------------------
New features --------------- * Python2.4 support * Permanents filters * Custom sorting * High-color mode support with urwid >= 0.9.9 * New command line options: -c colors and -s skin * XYZCommander's system prefix can be set using XYZCMD_PREFIX environment variable in case of custom installation, by default it is equal to sys.prefix.
Configuration --------------- * New internal cmd "alias" is used to print all xyzcmd's aliases.
* New DSL method - section(). Return whole configuration section contents as a dictionary or None.
* New DSL method - fsrule(). Return libxyz.core.FSRule instance from string.
* New DSL method - palette(). Create internal palette object.
* New DSL method - skin(). Make and register new skin.
* New option 'term_colors' in main.xyz. It defines color mode. Valid values are: 1, 16 (default), 88 and 256. It also can be defined using -c command line flag.
Plugins -------- * New method :sys:panel:get_untagged() Method returns list of not tagged VFSObject instances.
* New method :core:shell:echo() Method allows to show any custom string similar to command output.
* Added two hooks to :sys:cmd plugin to save command history on exit and to restore its contents upon startup.
* :core:shell receives a 'wait' configuration flag, indicating whether to wait for user input after command executed.
* :core:shell receives a 'setup_shell' configuration flag, indicating whether to run system shell-specific initialization.
* :sys:panel receives five new filter-related variables: filters_enable - enables object filtering filters_policy - dtermines filtering policy fitlers - list of FSRules to be sequentially applied on objects sorting_policy - Active sorting policy name or None sorting - Defined sorting policies. Each key corresponds to a policy name and value is either a function with two arguments (VFSObject) behaving like cmp() or a list of those functions. If value is a list, each function applied sequentially.
* New method :sys:panel:filter Method takes a list of VFSObject objects and filters out entries according to filters defined in plugin configuration.
* New method :sys:panel:sort Method takes a list of VFSObject objects and sorts entries according to sorting policy defined in plugin configuration.
UI -- * New shortcut - (META-=) to quickly change directory in active panel to the same as in the inactive one.
Skins ------ * Skins were completely reworked. Now skin file uses python syntax and DSL helper functions: skin and palette to define new skin
* High-color mode now supported with urwid version >= 0.9.9.
* New high-color mode skin added - lighty.