PyDev 2.8.0 has been released
Release Highlights: -------------------------------
* Type Inference now works with docstrings (Sphinx or Epydoc). See: http://pydev.org/manual_adv_type_hints.html
* Fixed debugger to work on Google App Engine
* Patch by Edward Catmur
* Interactive console supports running with the Qt and Gtk event loops
* Patches by Andrew Ferrazzutti
* Multiple main modules/packages may be selected in the unittest run configuration
* Properly handling unittest errors caused by setUpClass/setUpModule exceptions
* It's possible to select the Working Set configuration in the New PyDev Project wizard
* Patches by Christoph Zwerschke
* It's possible to specify PyLint settings per project by passing --rcfile=.pylintrc (it's now run relative to the project directory)
* PyLint now accepts an executable so that it does not have to rely on the configured interpreter.
* Fixed OutOfMemoryError when large file was found in the workspace.
* Editor startup is now faster due to improvements in Jython scripts.
* Improved the way that the interpreter location is shown on the pydev package explorer.
* PyDev Package Explorer icon no longer missing when top level elements is set to Working Sets
* Other minor bugfixes
Note: PyDev is now signed with a new (self-signed) certificate (see http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html for the new certificate) .
What is PyDev? ---------------------------
PyDev is a plugin that enables users to use Eclipse for Python, Jython and IronPython development -- making Eclipse a first class Python IDE -- It comes with many goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax analysis, refactor, debug and many others.