Hi, a new version of PyCrash is released with new features and improvement.You can download it at:
What's new in this release:
* Many bug-fixes expecially related to the Win32 platform. Special thanks to Gary Herron and Michele Petrazzo for their support.
_______________________________________________________________________ About PyCrash Project: PyCrash is a Run-Time Exception Dumper which handles uncaught exceptions during the execution of Python programs and collects information about the program context. PyCrash can be very useful in report bug information, because the programmer can easily analyse the program execution context of the crashed application.
Major information collected by PyCrash in the crash dump is:
- Information about operating system, Python and Python Standard Library version and general information about the program that is crashed (e.g., program name and version, time at witch program started and ended, and so on)
- Information about the uncaught exceptions, like the exception type, the context (namely method name) in which the exception occurred and the exception value
- General information about variables state
- Information about the stack of each thread, like the list of stack frames, the variables value in each stack frame, and so on
- General information about source code, like variable and function position in source file that can be useful for the programmer to find quickly bugs in source tree
The format of the crash dump file generated by PyCrash is XML, so the programmer can easily read this file to understand why the program is crashed.
Now, is also available a GUI browser, named PyCrash Viewer, which allows developers to analyze quickly and easily PyCrash crash dump files in a graphical manner.
* Starting from next version, we'll try to document all the PyCrash API
More information can be found at:
<P><A HREF="http://www.pycrash.org%22;%3EPyCrash 0.4pre3</A> - a crash handler for Python written applications. (21-08-04)</P>