Rancho Santa Margarita, CA -- 13 January 2004 -- theKompany.com, producers and distributors of high-quality open source and commercial Linux software, are pleased to announce the availability of BlackAdder 1.0-040112, a Windows/Linux UI development environment for Python based on Qt. BlackAdder combines a visual design environment with debugging, syntax highlighting, ODBC interfaces and extensive documentation into a comprehensive platform for developing Python applications with PyQt.
BlackAdder is an exciting product for rapidly developing applications on Linux or Windows using the popular Python language. Besides being a powerful IDE with an extensive array of tools to make developing your application quick and easy. BlackAdder is tightly integrated with PyQt which is a set of bindings for Python to allow you to make use of the popular Qt multi-platform windowing toolkit from Trolltech. Our optional Business Edition gives you a full commercial license for both PyQt and Qt as used from BlackAdder. This new release has significant enhancements to the Editor and Designer components of the system.
Take advantage of the popular and powerful Python language coupled with the Qt/PyQt windowing toolkit to create applications faster than you ever thought possible, and get multi-platform capability virtually for free. Forget Visual Basic, BlackAdder is the future.
* Integrated Qt Designer
* Syntax highlighting text editor
* Supports the latest versions of Python, PyQt and Qt
* eGenix.com mx Extensions for ODBC access from Python have been included.
* Integrated Debugger
* The debugger allows class instance objects to be displayed.
* No restrictions are placed on the types of files that can be included in a project.
* Project Explorer for adding existing file sets to a project
* Extensive project management capability
* Integrated CVS support
* and much more?
BlackAdder can be purchased or free demos downloaded from www.thekompany.com/products/blackadder.