What is it:
The Sybase module provides a Python interface to the Sybase relational database system. The Sybase package supports almost all of the Python Database API, version 2.0 with extensions.
The module works with Python versions 1.5.2 and later and Sybase versions 11.0.3 and later. It is based on the Sybase Client Library (ct_* API), and the Bulk-Library Client (blk_* API) interfaces.
The 0.20 and later releases are a re-implementation of the module using a thin C wrapper on the Sybase-CT API, and a Python module to provide the DB-API functionality. It is still a work in progress, but should be good enough for most purposes.
Changes for this release:
- Sybase.py module no longer imports exceptions module.
- Optional auto_commit argument has been added to Sybase.connect(). The default value is 0.
- Optional delay_connect argument has been added to Sybase.connect(). The default value is 0. This allows you to manipulate the Sybase connection before connecting to the server.
import Sybase db = Sybase.connect(server, user, passwd, delay_connect = 1) db.set_property(Sybase.CS_HOSTNAME, 'secret') db.connect()
- Removed redundant argument from sybasect.ct_data_info()
- Added pickle capability to NumericType - I somehow forgot to copy this over from the old 0.13 module.
- Re-arranged sybasect.h to make it easier to follow - I hope.
- Documentation updates.