* * Python Essential Reference, 4th Edition * * by David Beazley
I'm pleased to announce the release of the Python Essential Reference, 4th edition, soon to be appearing at a bookstore near you. More than a year in development, this edition covers Python 2.6, Python 3, and a wide variety of new library modules. Notable new features include
- Greatly expanded coverage of advanced features such as generators, coroutines, context managers, decorators, metaclasses, and more.
- Detailed coverage of concurrent programming including threads, the multiprocessing library, and coroutines.
- A new chapter on testing, debugging, profiling, and performance optimization.
- Completely revised examples and code samples appearing throughout the text.
- New coverage of the database API, WSGI, ctypes, and other essential library modules.
- Detailed information on Python 3 including compatibility notes, migration strategies, notable new features, and use of the 2to3 tool.
If you liked previous editions of the Essential Reference, I think you will be pleased--this may be the best edition yet.