PyCA cryptography 3.1 has been released to PyPI. cryptography includes both
high level recipes and low level interfaces to common cryptographic
algorithms such as symmetric ciphers, asymmetric algorithms, message
digests, X509, key derivation functions, and much more. We support Python
2.7, Python 3.5+, and PyPy.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: Removed support for idna based U-label parsing in
various X.509 classes. This support was originally deprecated in version
2.1 and moved to an extra in 2.5.
- Deprecated OpenSSL 1.0.2 support. OpenSSL 1.0.2 is no longer supported by
the OpenSSL project. The next version of cryptography will drop support for
- Deprecated support for Python 3.5. This version sees very little use and
will be removed in the next release.
- backend arguments to functions are no longer required and the default
backend will automatically be selected if no backend is provided.
- Added initial support for parsing certificates from PKCS7 files with
load_pem_pkcs7_certificates() and load_der_pkcs7_certificates() .
- Calling update or update_into on CipherContext with data longer than 231
bytes no longer raises an OverflowError. This also resolves the same issue
in Fernet (symmetric encryption).
-Paul Kehrer (reaperhulk)