PyDev 5.4.0 Released
Important PyDev now requires Java 8 and Eclipse 4.6 (Neon)
- PyDev 5.2.0 is the last release supporting Eclipse 4.5 (Mars).
If you enjoy PyDev, please show your appreciation through its Patreon
Initial support for Python 3.6
- Code analysis for expressions on f-strings.
- Syntax highlighting on f-strings.
- Handling of underscores in numeric literals.
- Parsing (but still not using) variable annotations.
- Parsing asynchronous generators and comprehensions.
- Improved console description of the launch.
- Support launching files with python -m module.name (instead of
python module/name.py). Note: Has to be enabled at Preferences
PyDev > Run.
- Shows return values (may be disabled on preferences > PyDev > Debug).
- When the user is waiting for some input, it'll no longer try to
evaluate the entered contents.
- Fix for multiprocess debugging when the debugger is started with a
programmatic breakpoint (pydevd.settrace).
- Bugfixes in the pytest integration related to unicode errors.
- unittest subtests are now properly handled in the PyDev unittest
- The currently selected tests are persisted.
- In Linux, when applying a completion which would automatically add an
import, if the user focuses the completion pop-up (with Tab) and applies
the completion with Shift+Enter, a local import is properly made.
What is PyDev?
PyDev is an open-source Python IDE on top of Eclipse for Python, Jython and
It comes with goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax
analysis, code analysis, refactor, debug, interactive console, etc.
Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
What is LiClipse?
LiClipse is a PyDev standalone with goodies such as support for Multiple
cursors, theming, TextMate bundles and a number of other languages such as
It's also a commercial counterpart which helps supporting the development
Details on LiClipse: http://www.liclipse.com/
PyDev - Python Development Environment for Eclipse
PyVmMonitor - Python Profiler