py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts Python scripts into executable Windows programs, able to run without requiring a Python installation. Console and Windows (GUI) applications, Windows NT services, exe and dll COM servers are supported.
Changes in 0.6.6:
* Better support for Python 2.5. * Experimental support for 64-bit builds of Python on win64. * Better ISAPI support. * New samples for ISAPI and COM servers. * Support for new "command-line styles" when building Windows services.
Changes in 0.6.5:
* Fixed modulefinder / mf related bugs introduced in 0.6.4. This will be most evident when working with things like win32com.shell and xml.xpath. * Files no longer keep read-only attributes when they are copied as this was causing problems with the copying of some MS DLLs.
Changes in 0.6.4:
* New skip-archive option which copies the Python bytecode files directly into the dist directory and subdirectories - no archive is used. * An experimental new custom-boot-script option which allows a boot script to be specified (e.g., --custom-boot-script=cbs.py) which can do things like installing a customized stdout blackhole. See py2exe's boot_common.py for examples of what can be done. The custom boot script is executed during startup of the executable immediately after boot_common.py is executed. * Thomas Heller's performance improvements for finding needed modules. * Mark Hammond's fix for thread-state errors when a py2exe created executable tries to use a py2exe created COM DLL.
Changes in 0.6.3:
* First release assembled by py2exe's new maintainer, Jimmy Retzlaff. Code changes in this release are from Thomas Heller and Gordon Scott. * The dll-excludes option is now available on the command line. It was only possible to specify that in the options argument to the setup function before. The dll-excludes option can now be used to filter out dlls like msvcr71.dll or even w9xpopen.exe. * Fix from Gordon Scott: py2exe crashed copying extension modules in packages.
Changes in 0.6.2:
* Several important bugfixes: - bundled extensions in packages did not work correctly, this made the wxPython single-file sample fail with newer wxPython versions. - occasionally dlls/pyds were loaded twice, with very strange effects. - the source distribution was not complete. - it is now possible to build a debug version of py2exe.
Changes in 0.6.1:
* py2exe can now bundle binary extensions and dlls into the library-archive or the executable itself. This allows to finally build real single-file executables. The bundled dlls and pyds are loaded at runtime by some special code that emulates the Windows LoadLibrary function - they are never unpacked to the file system. This part of the code is distributed under the MPL 1.1, so this license is now pulled in by py2exe. * By default py2exe now includes the codecs module and the encodings package. * Several other fixes.
Download from the usual location: